Happy 4th of July! I took a trip to visit my childhood friend from when I lived in Africa. She lives in Texas and I was thrilled to take a long weekend to stay with her and catch up with our lives. On my flight there, I took pictures of the different cloud coverage while en route. The beauty of the changing clouds was surreal and it was so cool to see the vast, beautiful sky.
While taking pictures of the clouds, I was thinking of Michele and I’s time together when we were little and living in Africa. She and I had so much fun attending school, going on mini trips with our parents to places like a malachite mine, swimming in lakes and rivers while camping, and hiking on the Lufimi River in the Congo.
One of my favorite desserts to make when Michele would come over was Pudding in the Cloud. The ease of making instant pudding mixed with my favorite topping, whipped cream, made it an all-time favorite. And it’s a dessert I still love to make, and my kids really enjoy.
Whether you are celebrating today with childhood friends, family, or co-workers, this dessert is great for everyone. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
Pudding in a Cloud
- 2-4 Large Packages of instant chocolate pudding (may use any flavor pudding and amount will depend on the size of your bowl)
- 1 can whipped cream (may use any variety of your favorite whipped cream)
- Red and Blue M&M’s or any favorite sprinkles (amount varies)
- Decide whether you will use one bowl such as in picture above, or individual cups or bowls.
- Make pudding according to package directions.
- Scoop pudding and place a small layer on bottom of bowl.
- Add a small layer of whipped cream onto the top of the pudding.
- Scoop another layer of pudding onto the whipped cream.
- Add another layer of pudding onto the whipped cream layer.
- Continue to layer until a whipped cream is the top layer of the bowl or individual cup.
- Sprinkle Red and Blue M&M’s (or any favorite sprinkles) on the top layer of the last whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.